Sorry, these pictures are a little out of order. Here is Mr. CrabbyKat wearing Baby CrabbyKat while still in the hospital,
and this is me wearing him the day after a ceserean!
Burrito baby...

Right after birth.
First nursing attempts in recovery room.
My two favorite boys.
Here is the official birth story...I went into labor at 3:30 am on Sunday, August 17. I woke up with fairly strong contractions, and I was very hungry. I went downstairs, ate some food, and took a bath. The contractions seemed to stop. Once I lay back down, I started to have contractions again. I tried to wake up Mr. C but he was not having it. I finally called my doula around 5:30 to let her know that things were starting to pick up. I lay back down and slept between contractions until 8:30.
My doula called around that time, and I told Mr. C to go ahead and go to work for a few hours. She came over and we just hung out and watched tv while she rubbed my back during contractions. Around 2:30 I started to feel really antsy and like I wanted to go to the hospital. I was thinking I was much further along than I was. My doula talked me into staying home until about 5:30 when I couldn't take it anymore.
Once we got to the hospital, everything changed. There was no longer anything rythmic or natural about this labor. I could not handle the pain that came with each contraction. I was discouraged to learn that after 15 hours I was only 3 cm. dialated. At this point my instinct took over and I knew I needed a C-section. I actually asked for it. My Doula and Mr. C tried to talk me out of it, and I broke down crying because I felt like no one was listening to me. Finally they relented and I went in to the OR. Baby Leo was born at 8:29 pm and weighed 7lbs 11oz. He was beautiful! He was allowed to stay in the operating room with me while I was stitched, and Mr.C held him up to my chest so I could snuggle with him.
Although I was planning to birth vaginaly after having such a bad experience with Bubba O's C-section, I do not regret my decision. I believe very strongly in natural childbirth, home birth, and VBAC(vaginal birth after ceserean), but things just did not work out that way for me. When the c- section was performed, the doctor said he was posterior, his cord was wrapped around all his limbs like a jump rope, and my scar was so thin she could see through it. So I think my instincts were right. I still feel like I owned my birth and I called all the shots, and I was treated much better and had an easier recovery than with O. So all in all, a good experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment